1) High schools should provide notice to parents prior to an !MPACT presentation informing them of the presentation and providing an opt-out option. This is particularly important if students have suffered a recent loss.
2) Please visit the following page on our website for activities the school can initiate on its own to involve students in developing a program that will supplement !MPACT's presentation. http://www.mourningparentsact.com/page20.html
3) We prefer to present on stage. Please provide a podium, stationary microphone, portable microphone, and seating to accomodate presenters. We will bring a laptop that will need to be connected to your systems, including a projector, a large screen and auditorium speakers. Please assure tech support is available during the presentation.
4) Someone should introduce us. The introduction should cover the fact that each of the speakers will share their very personal and emotional stories. Some things may be difficult to hear. Counselors will be available to students throughout the day. 5) We would appreciate bottled water for the presenters.
6) Some attendees may become emotional during the presentation. You may want to have tissues available.
7) Please arrange for press coverage the day of the event. Provide the press with our website address and contact information. Our website address is http://www.mourningparentsact.org. Inform !MPACT of any press coverage prior to the event.
8) Advertise the event on your website and in your newsletter. We hope there will be time following the program for attendees to discuss and write about their reactions to the program. This is very important. We have learned through the feedback we have received that some attendees need to talk about what they have heard.
The feedback form can be found by following the link below. Please make sufficient copies for the audience. Have students complete the form, and send the completed forms to: